This is the perhaps the easiest and most decadent frozen dessert you’ll ever make. Close your eyes and imagine the makeup of these absolutely delicious frozen chocolate sandwiches: Layers of whipped cream, caramel and chocolate mousse sandwiched in between some Tennis biscuits and dipped in white and dark chocolate. Sweet seduction guaranteed…
This is the perfect no-bake summer dessert: Simply layer your ingredients — like building your perfect sundae — and then put these tasty treats in the freezer.
And why not have some fun every time you make this delightful dessert? Be creative and experiment with the filling ingredients of your frozen chocolate sandwich dessert. Try some fudge or toffee sauce, mint chocolate mousse, different ice cream flavours or chop some nuts to sprinkle on top along with the cherries or strawberries? The choices are endless once your sweet tooth does the talking.
You can prepare these frozen chocolate sandwiches ahead of time and keep them in the freezer for up to a month. So why not be clever and double the recipe, so you will have some frozen chocolate sandwiches on hand when guests pop by unexpectedly? And then there is of course the case of a sudden craving for something sweet late at night…Especially on a hot summer’s night!
- 1 packet of Tennis biscuits
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 100 ml caramel
- 1 cup chocolate mousse
- 1 cup soft ice cream
- 100 ml melted white chocolate
- 100 ml melted dark chocolate
- Mix the cream and caramel together.
- Using the biscuits to make a sandwich, make a layer of cream caramel, then a layer of chocolate mousse and ice cream.
- Place another biscuit on top.
- Place upright in a bread baking tin.
- Repeat until all the biscuits are used.
- Put in the freezer to set.
- Pour the white chocolate in a bowl.
- Then, pour the dark chocolate in the centre of the white chocolate.
- Do not mix.
- Remove the sandwiches from the freezer.
- Dip each side in the chocolate, creating a marble pattern.
- Place on a dripping tray.
- As soon as the chocolate sets, put back in the freezer.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and cherries