Celebrate the flavours of summer with this sophisticated alternative to your usual Chicken Mayonnaise Bake. The sweet peaches and savoury feta cheese make for a delicious flavour combination — perfect for a show-stopping dinner party main!
And of course, there is the rich base of creamy mayonnaise and white onion soup, fulfilling a dual role of infusing the chicken with a tangy flavour while it cooks to tender melt-in-your-mouth perfection.
Prep time is only 15 minutes and its super easy to whip up. Besides mixing all the ingredients together and pouring it over the chicken in a casserole dish, there’s not much to do. Just pop this one-dish wonder in the oven for about an hour and let the delicious aromas fill your kitchen. Easy peasy and a crowd pleaser of note!
Serve your Chicken Mayonnaise Bake with rice, potatoes, quinoa, warm garlic bread or a leafy green salad on the side.
You can use a combination of chicken breasts and drumsticks. However, if you want to up the “healthy eating factor”, stick to chicken breasts as it is the leanest part of a chicken, containing high amounts of protein and low amounts of calories.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 mayonnaise
- 410 g peach slices, chopped finely 1 tin
- 2 packets of white onion soup, mixed in 3 cups water
- feta cheese – crumbled (optional)
- grounded black pepper
- fresh thyme for garnishing
- Combine together the mayonnaise, white onion soup mixed with the water, and sliced peaches.
- Place the chicken into a greased oven dish and season with salt and pepper. sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese if using. Pour the sauce over the chicken and place the chicken into the oven to bake for 45 minutes or longer until the chicken is falling off the bone.
RELATED: How To Make: Lasagne Pockets