These sticky Asian-inspired pork chops recipe only requires a few minutes of prep work and minimal ingredients before you pop them in the oven to bake to melt-in-the-mouth perfection. Another winning recipe to add to your quick and easy weeknight dinner repertoire!
The aromatic Asian-inspired sticky glaze is the secret weapon in our recipe, transforming the pork chops to caramelised on the outside and juicy on the inside.
The crushed garlic in this sweet and sticky sweet sauce adds a delicious flavour dimension to your pork chops. Prepare your sauce in a pan until it is thickened, bubbly, and smelling slightly caramelised. If you want the glaze stickier, cook for a little longer.
To add to the presentation factor and texture of these sticky Asian pork chops, toast some sesame seeds until golden brown in a pan and garnish the chops before serving.
You can serve these golden and sticky chops any which way you wish: Over plain or bok choy rice, with green vegetables or stir-fried noodles with some sliced cabbage, carrots and red and green peppers.
- Sear the pork chops in a pan until browned – about two minutes per side – before baking (or grilling) them in a preheated oven with the sticky sweet garlic sauce.
- 6 pork chops
- 100 ml treacle brown sugar
- 30 ml soy sauce
- 50 ml Worcestershire sauce
- fresh thyme
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- In a saucepan mix all the ingredients together until the sugar is dissolved
- Place your pork chops on a grill baking drip tray, brushing one side generously with the glaze
- Place your chops in a pre heated oven of 160 degrees for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and turn the chops, basting the other side with the glaze
- Bake for another 30 minutes
- Season with salt if needed (Soya sauce contain salt)