Serve up these country-style fire-roasted sandwiches with a sweet chilli dip the next time you fire up the grill or venture into the great outdoors on a camping trip with family and friends.
Nothing beats the subtle smokiness of these fire-roasted sandwiches stacked with melted cheese, tomato, onion and rosemary. If you want to add some extra flair to the occasion or you simply don’t have a folded grill, tie your sandwich together with string!
Place the sandwiches on a medium-hot grill and roast for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side until bread is golden brown and the cheese is completely melted.
It is quite simple to put together these tasty, crunchy fire-roasted sandwiches. All you need is some firm sandwich bread, tomato, onion and cheese (cheddar or smokey cheeses are always a winner). The sweet chilli sauce dip adds a lovely sweet and spicy element to your sandwich offering.
If you still want to make these delicious sandwiches without firing up a grill, just use a grill pan, skillet or the oven. Grease the pan and grill or toast the sandwiches on both sides until cheese is melted.
- Make some extra grilled sandwiches to enjoy the next day as a delicious snack!
- 12 slices of bread
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 sliced onion
- 3 sliced tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- fresh rosemary
- sweet chilli dip
- string or crafter's rope
- Remove the bread crusts if preferred.
- Butter the bread.
- Place 6 slices of bread with the buttered side face down.
- Divide the grated cheese, tomatoes and onion evenly between the slices of bread.
- Season to taste.
- Tie a string around each sandwich, securing the filling.
- Insert a fresh twig of rosemary in each knot.
- After the meat has been grilled on the barbecue, toast the sandwiches on the grill.
- When toasted to a light brown colour, remove from the coals and cut into wedges.
- Serve with a sweet chilli dip.
RELATED: How To Make: Asian Shrimp Skewers