This French roasted sweet potato bake will soon become your favourite side to any dish. Not only will it look and smell delicious, but it is so simple to make and you’ll be eating in less than an hour.
All you need for this recipe is 6 ingredients:
- Sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Fresh rosemary
- Salt and black pepper
- Vegetable broth or white onion soup
These are all simple ingredients with flavours that work beautifully together. Enjoy the fresh rosemary taste complimenting the naturally sweet taste of the potato.
If you prefer your dish to be more creamy, we recommend rather using the white onion soup as the sauce for your bake. And when the dish is ready, let it rest for a bit before serving. These waythe potatoes will soak up all the juices from the soup (or broth), leaving you with a fragrant, creamy dish.
Why Sweet Potatoes?
Sweet potatoes have more Vitamin C and B6 than regular potatoes and are incredibly high in Vitamin A. They also contain fibre and antioxidants that promote good gut health. Plus, they taste really good!
Not sure what to serve this yummy side dish with? Try our Roast Chicken with Lemon and Thyme Stuffing recipe.
- 500 g sweet potatoes cut into pieces or sliced
- 4 – 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 – 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth or white onion soup
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit 190° Celsius, prepare oven dish with non-stick spray.
- Toss the potato pieces with olive oil, half of the rosemary, and salt and pepper.
- Add the broth or white onion soup.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove from oven.
- Toss with the garlic and remaining rosemary and continue to bake until the potatoes are soft on the inside, about 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Set aside for the broth or soup to be soaked up by the sweet potatoes.