You can’t go wrong with a tasty sweetcorn bake if you are craving good and simple comfort food. This five-ingredient sweetcorn bake recipe is also versatile and bakes up into a savoury side dish that will complement any meal. And when it comes to a BBQ, consider this the perfect accompaniment for people who aren’t fans of salads, and for children how aren’t fond of their vegetables! However, if you’re looking for a more intriguing kind of dessert this dish can also transform into an excellent Sweetcorn Cake!
In order to make this rich, buttery casserole, there are only two easy steps:
- Throw all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them up. Don’t worry if there are any lumps in it or if you can still see the butter.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased baking pan and bake for about 40 minutes.
For an quick and easy variation of this traditional sweetcorn bake, add 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
You can easily make this Sweetcorn Cake up to two days ahead of time. Mix up the casserole, place it in the baking dish and cover it with plastic wrap. When you are ready to bake it, remove it from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you put it in the oven.
- The baking time will depend on the exact size pan you use, so just be sure to watch the casserole closely. You’ll know it is done when the centre is completely set. To check that it’s done, stick a knife/cake tester in. If it comes out clean, then it’s done.
- 60 ml flour
- 60 ml sugar
- 60 ml butter
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tin sweetcorn
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Pour into a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 180°C.
- Let it rest for about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.