Fujitsu has confirmed it will contribute to compensation payments to Post Office subpostmasters wrongfully convicted in the Horizon IT scandal.
The Japanese technology firm offered its “deepest apologies” to wronged subpostmasters and their families in a fresh statement on Thursday.
More than 700 Post Office branch managers were convicted after Fujitsu’s faulty accounting software Horizon made it look like money was missing from their shops.
Fujitsu stressed that it will coordinate with the UK government over its response, including providing funds to compensate victims.
Earlier on Thursday, Cabinet Office minister Alex Burghart said Fujitsu will not bid for Government contracts whilst the public inquiry into the scandal is ongoing.
The company said: “The Fujitsu Group regards this matter with the utmost seriousness and offers its deepest apologies to the sub-postmasters and their families.
“The UK statutory public inquiry, to which our UK subsidiary is providing full co-operation, is examining complex events that have unfolded over many years, and we remain steadfast in our commitment to this cooperation.
“Based on the findings of the inquiry, we will also be working with the UK government on the appropriate actions, including contribution to compensation.
“The Fujitsu Group hopes for a swift resolution that ensures a just outcome for the victims.”