In the past 4 years, Danish startup Airtame has marked itself as a frontrunner in the world of wireless HDMI. Now they’re launching a new hardware product
Airtame, a Danish startup that produces a wireless HDMI solution for both the business and education sectors, has announced the launch of their second generation hardware product, Airtame 2.
The new product will deliver much more than a cable-free solution by tapping into digital signage and app integrations. Whereas the first generation Airtame was mostly a screen mirroring solution, Airtame 2 is re-imagining how to turn blank screens into smart, collaborative displays.
The main differences between Airtame’s first product and Airtame 2:
- Better components: Four times the amount of RAM for speedy firmware and software updates and a product better equipped for future advancements.
- Brand-new WiFi chip: The new chip is about five times faster than its precursor, which provides the user with both a faster and more reliable internet connection.
- 2 x the wireless WiFi range – making it easier to roam around an office or classroom more freely
- Kensington Lock input: Protect the device in semi-public environments such as classrooms and waiting areas.
- Intuitive LED – the glowing light indicates the current state of your device, whether it’s updating, in standby mode or actively being used to present.
- Flexible setup: Mount the device with the supplied magnetic wall mount. No need for drilling into a wall!
“Airtame 2 takes a huge step forward in design and functionality,” says Brian Kyed, CPO and Co-Founder at Airtame. “Where the main objective of our first product was to get rid of cables, Airtame 2 will empower people in professional settings to use screens and projectors to their full potential – and unlock better collaboration. After years of product development and user feedback, we’re proud to deliver Airtame 2, which is not only extremely easy to use but will also improve any forward-thinking workspace.”
Airtame 2 retails at $399 per device. Airtame recently released four Homescreen apps, simple app integrations for better team collaboration and digital signage. Airtame has doubled its revenue two years in a row.