The 19th Conference on International Exchange of Professionals (CIEP) was successfully held in Shenzhen on April 24 and 25, technological elites from all over the world gathered to share the latest achievements of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Wang Zhigang, Minister of the Science and Technology and Secretary of the Party Leadership Group, Wang Weizhong, Deputy Secretary of the CPC Guangdong Provincial Committee, Qin Weizhong, Deputy Secretary of the Shenzhen Municipal Committee, Wang Xi, Vice Governor of Guangdong Province, Lu Ming, Member of the Party Leadership Group of the Ministry of Science and Technology, special guest Horst Vogel, Chief Scientist of Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology and Member of the Swiss Academy of Sciences, Ömer Sahin Ganiyusufoglu, Chinese Government Friendship Award winner, Dr. Thorsten Keiter, Senior Vice President of Greater China, attended the opening ceremony and visited the venues.-
With 20 years of development, the CIEP has become a high-standard internationalized conference of talents and a famous brand for China to gather global talents. The conference was held in “online + offline” mode with the theme of “innovation, development, cooperation and win-win”. Totally 54 meetings and activities were held, attracting more than 1,000 domestic and overseas professional organizations, institutes and enterprises as well as over 10,000 government representatives, experts, scholars and top-level talents from more than 30 countries and regions. According to incomplete statistics, 392 exhibition organizations with 885 projects and 322 products were presented, 695 cooperative intentions achieved, 35,000 people attended the conference, and 216 media reports from domestic and overseas medias with global accumulated reading volume of more than 10 million, 2.8 million real-time live broadcasting and 78 million new media reading volume achieved.
– Exhibition and Negotiations. With 855 booths in total covering 63 thousand m2 exhibition area, the CIEP attracted 29 provinces, autonomous regions, municipalities, Hong Kong and Macao Special Administrative Regio, to publicize their policies and environments for international technologies innovation cooperation and talent exchanges. In the Special Area for Transfer and Innovation Cooperation of International Technologies and the Special Area for Exhibition and Promotion for Foreign (Overseas) Professional Organizations, 122 overseas organizations from 25 countries and areas reached effective connections. Nearly 100 overseas doctors were invited to attend the conference, various activities were successfully held, such as career plan forum for overseas returnees and road shows for doctors. More than 100 leading companies such as OPPO, Alibaba and Peng Cheng Laboratory attended the University-Enterprise Cooperation Conference, and 18 industry leaders in the Artificial Intelligence, Internet and big data field conducted road show to promote in-depth integration between universities and enterprises.
– Summit Forum. This conference took Shenzhen Forum as a platform to share experience, exchange ideas and build consensus, focusing on hot topics such as low carbon, public health and rural revitalization. With the theme of “Gathering Talents for Building a Technological Community During the 14th Five-Year Plan Period”, three topics “Technology – protecting human health”, “Innovation – driving the development of Greater Bay Area” and “Cooperation – building the future with intelligence” were discussed. Domestic and overseas experts and scholars conducted in-depth discussion on two special subjects, rural planning and intelligent agriculture. “Changing crisis to opportunity and developing in a stable way” was taken as the theme for the international forum of project management.
– Project Matchmaking. To give full play to the international platform and improve technological innovation cooperation, this conference took the supply-side structural reform as the dominant line. The super large-scale market advantages in our country provides suppliers and demanders with clues for practical exchange and cooperation based on “offline + online” concentrated issue of projects, information about supply and demand. The EO project matchmaking system of CIEP has 505 online registration units at present, with 534 people registered, 1376 talent demands and 117 talent resources provided, 390 cooperation projects achieved, successful candidate publishing of 860 million yuan involved, nearly 1 billion yuan of all the units putting up notices about recruitment on the site achieved.
– Talent Recruitment. In order to establish bridge among enterprises, domestic and overseas talents and employees to create comprehensive platforms for job hunting, this conference established large amounts of high-class posts for recruitment. With Job Fairs for Foreign Professionals, Job Fair for Returnees, and “Global Elites” Job Fair for Senior and International Professionals, the Talent Recruitment covered more than 60 fields such as Internet, computer, intelligent manufacturing, electronic information, space flight and aviation, new energy, biomedical, science and finance, building and real estate etc. At the same time, thoughtful services such as online recruitment and video interview were supplemented. 651 famous enterprises provided 15,000 positions to domestic and overseas high-end talents. The participating enterprises received nearly 10 thousand resumes on site, and more than 1000 reached initial employment intentions.
– Science and Technology Popularization & Exhibition Hall. In order to build an atmosphere of advocating innovation and promote craftsman’s spirit, the 19th CIEP popularized basic scientific knowledge and common technological methods in a way loved by the masses. With the theme of “driving development with innovation and leading the future with science and technology popularization”, the special hall covered area of 7500m2, attracted several regions and over 20 famous enterprises and embodied high integration of scientific innovation.
– Professional Meetings. The organizing committee of the conference worked with partners to held series of forums, including high-quality development forum for human resources and organization, big data summit forum for talents with the theme of “gathering talents and developing industry”, the 8th career planning development forum for overseas returnees, China (Shenzhen) angel – CVC summit forum and international technology transfer manager training etc., received consistent high praise by all circles.