By Jonathan Hatchman, Food Editor, @TLE_Food
Renowned as one of London’s finest mixologists, Oskar Kinberg opened Dabbous with his friend and former colleague Ollive Dabbous at the start of 2012, in which he oversees the restaurant’s stylish bar area – Oskar’s Bar – which features a cocktail menu with uses all homemade syrups and infusions. On the menu, there’s an innovative selection of drinks, featuring a range of classics and signature creations from the man himself, including the likes of Oskar’s famous Beer Grylls which fuses Diplomatico Blanco Rum, Boudier Banane, Damoine de Canton, Lime juice and Manuka Honest, which is then topped with Einstök White Ale.
Aside from his work at Dabbous, and the pair’s latest casual-dining venture Barnyard, Oskar has also taught mixology courses at the London Bar School as well as having been in charge of some of The Cuckoo Club’s events taking place outside of the UK, notably including the Ocean’s 13 party at Cannes Film Festival, as well as a private event for rapper Kanye West.
Here’s a delicious weekend recipe for Oskar Kinberg’s Peas ‘n’ Mint for you to try at home, or to impress at any BBQs or parties over the summer months.
Oskar’s Bar at Dabbous can be found at 39 Whitfield Street, London, W1T 2SF
- 50 ml 50ml Jensen’s Bermondsey Gin
- Handful of Pea shoots
- 1 Mint leaf
- 15 ml Aperitivo Cocchi Americano
- 15 ml Lemon juice
- 15 ml Lemon Vebena Tea [available from specialty Tea shops or online
- 15 ml Sugar syrup
- Pea shoots and flower
- Using a muddler – or the end of a rolling pin – crush the Pea shoots and mint leaf to release their aroma.
- Next, shake all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Carefully strain and serve in a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with Pea shoots.