By Jonathan Hatchman, Food Editor, @TLE_Food
Located in Notting Hill, Kensington Place first opened back in 1987. Having grown over the years, the restaurant is now a destination space that prides itself on relaxed and casual dining with a strong focus on fish and seafood. What’s more, there’s also a bar that serves some exciting cocktails.
Created especially for Christmas, this week’s recipe is for the Aztec Cocoa – a twist on Mexican hot chocolate that uses tequila, chilli, cinnamon, allspice, and rich dark chocolate.
Kensington Place can be found at 201 Kensington Church Street, London, W8 7LX.
- 125 ml Whole Cow's milk
- 100 ml 70% cocoa dark chocolate
- 35 ml El Jimador Blanco Tequila
- 15 ml Homemade spice sugar syrup with chilli
- Cinnamon Stick
- Warm & froth the milk, then add the chocolate pieces until melted and add sugar, re-steam the mixture
- Add tequila towards the end and stir. Serve & garnish with a cinnamon stick