These sticky pork strips make us want to spend a Saturday afternoon with friends and good conversation. Complete with rosemary-infused baby potatoes, this is the ultimate beer-in-hand dish.
All about the marinade
The flavour of this dish completely comes from the marinade. And for this delicious marinade, we will be focusing on a sweet-spicy flavour:
- Olive oil
- Wholegrain mustard
Marinade the pork for 2 to 6 hours. The longer it can soak in the marinade, the more flavourful and tender the pork will come out.
Pork browning tips
Once the meat has been soaking in the marinade for as long as possible, it’s time to brown the pork strips. When it comes to the browning method, there are two important things to remember. Firstly, pat the pork dry before putting it on the hot pan. Any moisture that is left turns into steam, thus preventing the browning crust that should form from getting crispy. And secondly, do not overload the pan with all the pork strips at once, as this can compromise the browning process.
Finally, the butter and honey are added to the pan and a delicious, smoky, sticky sauce forms around the pork. Serve with yummy soft rosemary baby potatoes and enjoy.
For the Pork
- 100 g Pork Fillet Strips
- 5 g Garlic Chopped
- 1 g Thyme
- 30 ml Olive Oil
- 2 ½ g Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 g Fine Salt
- 10 ml Olive Oil
- 10 g Butter
- 10 g Honey
- 2 chillies per taste
For the Potatoes
- 100 g Baby Potato
- 1 g Fine Salt
- ½ g Fine Pepper
- 2 ½ ml Olive Oil
- 1 g Rosemary
For the Marinade
- Place garlic, herbs, olive oil, mustard & seasoning in a blender. Blitz until smooth.
- Place pork in a vacuum bag, add marinade & rub to coat the meat. Seal & marinade for 2-6 hours.
- After marinating, remove pork from the vac bag, reserving all the liquid. Heat oil in large pan.
- Add pork & brown on all sides. Add butter & honey & cook until sticky.
For the Roasted Potato
- Place the baby potatoes in a baking tray. Drizzle olive oil, seasoning & rosemary. Toss to coat.
- Roast at 180°C until golden & crisp.
RELATED: How To Make: Sweet and Sticky Marinated Pork Belly