Drizzled with a yogurt and white chocolate glaze, these chewy and hearty Oat Crunchies beat granola bar hands down. If breakfast is not a grab and go occasion, you can serve these with a bowl of fresh fruit, yogurt and honey on the side.
These great-tasting oat crunchies are a must for any family household! They hit the spot if you are craving a sweet treat but want to still keep it on the healthy side with some oats, coconut, sunflower seeds and Greek yogurt in the mix. Oats are a high-fibre carbohydrate, which means they’ll keep you feeling fuller for longer.
The oat crunchies also make for a perfect afternoon snack (with a cup of tea, of course!) and are really easy to whip up with only 15 minutes of prep time before they bake to golden perfection in the oven.
The most difficult thing about this recipe is waiting for the crunchies to cool!
They are also very adaptable for the more health-conscious among us: Add some raisins or dried fruit such as apricots and blueberries. You could also turn this into the perfect gluten-free snack by replacing the flour in the recipe with gluten-free flour.
- 4 cups oats
- 3 cups diced coconut
- 1 cup flour
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tbsp syrup
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tsp baking soda
For the Topping:
- 200 ml plain yogurt
- 50 ml white chocolate
- Melt the butter and syrup.
- Mix the milk and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Add the butter and suryp, then milk mixture. Mix well.
- In a greased oven tray, push the mixture evenly and firmly into the tray.
- In a pre heated oven, 160 degrees, bake for 30 minutes.
- The crunchies will still be soft, it will set as soon as it cools. Do not over bake, as you will end up with muesli.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add the yogurt. Drizzle over the cooled crunchies.
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds over half the tray. Cut into squares.
RELATED: How To Make: Chicken Mayonnaise Bake