This double chocolate lemon fudge’s texture is creamy melt-in-your-mouth goodness with a layer of chocolate and cream combined with a huge tang of lemon flavour. Decadence deluxe!
Okay, let’s start with the lemon fudge part of this elegant sweet treat. Lemon fudge already leans towards the gourmet fudge department.
Lemon fudge combines a silky smooth white chocolate fudge with the vibrant tang of lemons to balance the sweetness. The contrast between the creamy texture and the refreshingly tart lemon flavour — which comes from the zest of real lemons — is a terrific treat for the taste buds!
Now just imagine combining this with some more awesomeness: Creamy dark chocolate and white chocolate shavings. The perfect and unbelievably delicious sweet and tangy combination.
This double chocolate lemon fudge will also make for a stylish gift for loved ones with a sweet tooth. Wrap it in colourful tissue paper or pop some in bakery boxes with a ribbon.
Some tips for foolproof fudge:
- If you don’t have a candy thermometer, you can test the fudge temperature with the “soft ball” stage measure. Keep a clear glass of water near the cooking pot and drop a bit of the mixture into it.
- When the mixture forms a small soft ball when you rub it between your fingers, it has cooked enough.
Double Chocolate Lemon Fudge
- 800 grams sugar
- 250 ml sugar
- 250 ml butter
- 10 ml vanilla essence
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup fine lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate shavings
- In a sauce pan, add the condensed milk, butter, milk, sugar and vanilla
- Stir for 50 minutes over medium heat until the colour changes
- The fudge will form a ball
- Remove from the heat
- Add the white chocolate, lemon zest and juice
- Mix quickly before it solidifies
- Pour the fudge into a greased baking tray
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate and cream
- Pour over the fudge
- Garnish with white chocolate shavings