This side dish of bacon-wrapped baby potatoes in a creamy garlic sauce with mushrooms and a hint of rosemary will take centre stage at the table. The baby potato bake can also be made ahead of time — perfect to take along to a party!
The secret to this impressive culinary creation is to parboil the potatoes first, giving the insides a head-start on cooking. Baby potatoes (also called new potatoes) are simply young potatoes, and since they are harvested right at the beginning of the season, they are buttery, sweet, and full of moisture, which contributes to their fluffy creaminess.
As an added bonus, one does not need to peel baby potatoes because of their thin skin which softens once cooked. So you will be getting all the wholesome goodness of nutrients, such as iron and Vitamin C, contained in the skin.
The bacon is divine paired with the juicy button mushrooms, rosemary, cream, sour cream and melt-in-your-mouth baby potatoes to make this exception baby potato bake. Deliciously crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside…
Feel free to explore and try different variations of bacon, such as hickory-smoked bacon, to give this potato side a smoky flavour.
- 24 semi-cooked baby potatoes
- 14 pieces back bacon
- 3 fresh rosemary twigs
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 100 ml sour cream
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 250 gram button mushrooms
- salt and ground black pepper
- Wrap each baby potato with a piece of bacon, securing the bacon with a toothpick
- Place the bacon-wrapped potatoes and mushrooms in a greased oven dish
- Garnish with salt and pepper
- Place the rosemary twigs and garlic between the potatoes
- Mix the cream and pour over the potatoes
- Bake for 45 minutes at 160°C in the oven
RELATED: How To Make: Creamy Seafood Marinara