This irresistible melt-in-your-mouth coconut tart is made from basic ingredients and requires minimal effort: Simply mix it all together and bake in the oven! The tart is moist and delicious eaten warm or cold.
Great for the family and if you’re making these for a tea party, be sure to make two! Coconut lovers will go “coco-loco” after the first bite!
Coconut tart: Perfect dessert or tea time snack
Sticky, sweet and loaded with coconut, this delicious dessert or tea time snack is made with flour, eggs, butter, milk, sugar, vanilla, and of course, desiccated coconut.
The sugar add just the right amount of sweetness . However if you have a very sweet tooth, then we suggest you increase the sugar quantity to one cup. The warm and comforting hint of vanilla essence completes this tart beautifully!
Our Coconut Tart does not have a flaky crust base, but instead resembles a fluffy, cake-like texture. Flour in this case acts as a thickener and also helps with the moist texture
Health benefits of coconut
Eating coconut may improve cholesterol levels and help decrease stomach fat, which is a risk factor for heart disease. Coconut is low in carbohydrates and rich in amino acids, healthy fats, and fibre.
- 4 large eggs – room temperature
- ½ cup sugar – you may add sugar up to 1 cup if you like it very sweet
- 2,5 ml salt
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 75 ml melted butter
- 125 ml cake flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 170°C / 338°F for the fan oven and 180°C / 325°F for a conventional oven.
- Prepare a 28cm diameter pie dish with a non-stick spray or grease with a little butter. Add all the ingredients together in one bowl, mix well in your food processor or with an electric mixer.
- When the mixture is mixed well and smooth, add to the prepared pie dish and bake for 55 minutes or one hour.
- The crust will be nice and brown and will flatten when cooled.