World Cup winner Olivier Giroud can keep on driving for another three weeks after an admin error at court.
The Chelsea and France striker was facing a driving ban for racking up four speeding offences in less than a year but a courtv letter was sent to his old address again.
He has previously pleaded guilty to the outstanding speeding offence from May 2 – which will see him disqualified from driving.
Giroud was clocked by a camera doing 10 miles over the 50mph speed limit on the North Circular in his Bentley.
But he did not appear again at Willesden Magistrates’ Court this afternoon and a court clerk said the hearing notice was sent to an old address.
The same issue occurred at a sentencing hearing last month on January 21.
It was said at that hearing he had moved from East Finchley, west London, to Battersea south London.
The notice had to be sent to his new address to ensure he understood a guilty plea to the latest offence meant he may be disqualified from driving because he would have a total of 12 points on his licence.
He had already admitted and been handed three penalty points for three other speeding offences on February 18, March 15 and November 6 last year.
The court official said she dealt with the matter under special powers administratively and a new court date has been set for next month.
By Adela Whittingham