Straight from the oven to the table…This easy one-dish chocolate pudding cake turns out perfect every time. It takes only 20 minutes to whip together before popping it in the oven to transform into a moist chocolate pudding cake with a rich chocolate sauce. Sweet and gooey comfort food guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser!
All you do is mix your batter and pour it into a dish with the chocolate sauce. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the pudding is well risen, the top is slightly cracked and a skewer inserted into the middle of the pudding cake comes out with a moist crumb or two.
Dust with some cocoa powder or icing sugar and serve warm with ice cream, strawberries or cream.
This chocolate pudding cake makes for a great centre piece on the table. Let everyone help themselves and wait for the reaction when the first spoon hits the bottom of the dish, revealing the rich chocolate sauce!
Toss in a handful of toasted walnuts, hazelnuts, or sliced almonds. And why not be adventurous and add swirl of peanut butter through the batter before baking?
- Allow this dessert to rest a few minutes after baking so the pudding layer has a chance to set a bit.
- Store pudding cake in a sealed container at room temperature.
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 + 1/3 cup hot water
- 3/4 brown sugar
- 250 ml cake flour
- 10 ml baking powder
- 2 ml salt
- 125 ml sugar
- 30 ml cocoa powder
- 125 ml milk
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 30 ml melted butter
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degreesIn a saucepan, heat all the sauce ingredients together and pour into a greased oven dish
- Mix all the batter ingredients together and drip spoonfuls in the sauce
- Place in the oven for 40 minutes
- Serve with cream, strawberries or ice cream