As we already know, marketing is a sector in constant change and, for several years, the importance of the images and photographs within it has been growing. And it is always good to say that “a picture is worth a thousand words”, because it is the first thing that comes through our eyes and what can more easily appeal to our emotions. For this reason, more and more companies have opted for images in their marketing strategies, especially with the growth of social networks such as Instagram or Pinterest.
And to support this fact, you only have to see the following data:
– The visual elements achieve 94% more impacts than the text.
– Infographics help increase traffic by an average of 12%.
– Users spend twice as much time on pages with visual content.
– The human brain processes visual information 60,000 times faster than text.
– Visual elements help retain information 42% better.
– The above is surely due to the fact that 65% of people learn better visually. They are “visual learners”.
– Content with images or videos attract 3 times more links.
– Users who watch a product video are more likely to buy that product at 85%.
– Tweets with images receive 150% more retweets.
Due to all this importance acquired by the images, an element that has been generated with the objective of showing contents in a more visual way is the infographic.
What is an infographic?
It is the medium increasingly used nowadays to transmit information in a graphic way. It is the visual representation of the texts themselves, in which descriptions, narrations or interpretations presented in a graphic manner intervene. In other words, this is a medium that can represent many aspects of a theme or product.
What features does an infographic have?
– It gives meaning to existing information.
– Provide information in a sufficient and understandable manner.
– It allows to understand events and procedures in a simpler way.
– Use little text
– Use visual elements according to what you want to teach.
– It must be neat and visually pleasing.
Well, I think I have already convinced you to incorporate this new medium into your content. Now, it’s time to design our infographic, do you dare?
We need to choose the template that we will take as a reference
When we access the editing menu, we have to choose a template and then edit it according to the topic, your chosen topic. You may need to see these infographic examples.
Change some parameters
You need to maintain the typography of the template and change the range of colors, adjusted to your topic.
When you finish
Finished? You just have to save, download and share. Do this carefully and consider your final format.
And finally, we must think about what we are going to do with our infographic, and what better way to share it! Today the best medium is Pinterest, since it allows you to upload photographs of all sizes (for infographics we need a fairly large size) and share them with all users. In addition, you have the option to integrate the Pinvolve application into Facebook, so you will give more diffusion to your visual content.
Another channel without hesitation is to create an entry in your blog so you have some more options:
– Content aggregators such as Logs.
– Group of linkedin.
– Google + communities.
I hope this article can inspire you, about the importance of infographics and how to make it. Good luck and be creative!