This weekend much of the British Press – as well as the BBC – mindlessly repeated the hysterical analysis propagated by the Right Wing ‘think tank’ The Centre for Policy Studies. Here is a listing of their Board of Directors. As you can see, it contains 10 Tories. They are:
- Lord Saatchi – a Conservative Party Peer, put in the Lords for services to the Thatcher government.
- Sir Graham Brady – a Conservative Party MP.
- Lord Bamford – A Conservative Party donor.
- Ben Eliot – Conservative MP & failed London Mayoral candidate Zac Goldsmith’s campaign manager.
- Jonathan Goodwin – Conservative Party donor
- Sir Micheal Heller – Conservative Party donor
- Lord Hill of Oareford – Conservative Party Peer.
- Jon Moulton – Conservative Party donor.
- Richard Sharp – Conservative Party donor.
- Lord Strathclyde – Conservative Party Peer
Here is an example of the Policies they support. In July 2017 they released a document stating “Abandoning Austerity is no solution”:
BBC’s The Andrew Marr Show thought this was a ‘fair & balanced’ source to use in their coverage of the economic policy of The Labour Party on an episode where they were interviewing Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer John McDonnell.
Since you are here
Since you are here, we wanted to ask for your help.
To donate or subscribe to The London Economic, click here.
The TLE shop is also now open, with all profits going to supporting our work.
The shop can be found here.
You can also SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER .