A peckish pig which ate a pedometer sparked a fire near Leeds.
Fire crews were called to a blaze covering 75 square metres at four pigpens in Bramham on Saturday afternoon.
The pedometer was used to prove the animal was free range.
The fire and rescue service said the fire was caused by “nature taking its course” and copper from the pedometer battery reacting with the pigpen’s contents.
“A hosereel was used to extinguish the fire and save the bacon,” the fire service said.
Related: Women charged after supermarket toilet paper fight
Since you are here
Since you are here, we wanted to ask for your help.
Journalism in Britain is under threat. The government is becoming increasingly authoritarian and our media is run by a handful of billionaires, most of whom reside overseas and all of them have strong political allegiances and financial motivations.
Our mission is to hold the powerful to account. It is vital that free media is allowed to exist to expose hypocrisy, corruption, wrongdoing and abuse of power. But we can't do it without you.
If you can afford to contribute a small donation to the site it will help us to continue our work in the best interests of the public. We only ask you to donate what you can afford, with an option to cancel your subscription at any point.
To donate or subscribe to The London Economic, click here.
The TLE shop is also now open, with all profits going to supporting our work.
The shop can be found here.
You can also SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER .