A prolific female shoplifter has been banned from every branch of Marks & Spencer and the Co-op in England and Wales.
Susan Smith, 26, was slapped with a Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO) following a string of thefts.
She also repeatedly verbally abused staff in her home town of Malvern, Worcs.
Smith has now been banned from entering all 979 M&S stores and around 4,000 Co-op branches for three years.
The order comes after she was jailed for four-and-a-half months for a number of thefts last month.
On Monday (4/2) she was handed the CBO at Kidderminster Magistrates’ Court.
The order bans her from: “Shouting and swearing or being verbally abusive towards others; behaving in an aggressive or threatening manner, entering M&S or CO-op anywhere in England and Wales.”
She is also banned from entering an area of Lowesmoor, in Worcester and told must attend appointments to address her misuse of alcohol.
Smith’s CBO prohibits her from:
1. Shouting and swearing or being verbally abusive towards others or within the hearing of others who are caused or likely to be caused, alarm, harassment or distress.
2. Behaving in an aggressive, threatening or intimidating manner towards others or within the hearing of others who are caused or likely to be caused alarm harassment or distress.
3. Associating in any public place with a named individual.
4. Entering any Marks and Spencers store anywhere in England and Wales.
5. Entering the area of Lowesmoor, Worcester.
6. Entering any Co-op store anywhere in England and Wales.
By Arun Lal