• Privacy policy
  • T&C’s
  • About Us
    • FAQ
  • Contact us
  • Guest Content
  • TLE
  • News
  • Politics
  • Opinion
    • Elevenses
  • Business
  • Food
  • Travel
  • Property
  • JOBS
  • All
    • All Entertainment
    • Film
    • Sport
    • Tech/Auto
    • Lifestyle
    • Lottery Results
      • Lotto
      • Set For Life
      • Thunderball
      • EuroMillions
No Result
View All Result
The London Economic
SUPPORT THE LONDON ECONOMIC
NEWSLETTER
The London Economic
No Result
View All Result
Home Must Reads Heart Wrenching

Coronavirus UK – Woman who lost both parents pleads with public to follow social distancing

Christopher Vallely and his wife Isobel died within 12 hours of each other at the Mater Hospital in Belfast.

Joe Mellor by Joe Mellor
2020-03-30 15:52
in Heart Wrenching, Must Reads
credit;PA

credit;PA

FacebookTwitterLinkedinEmailWhatsapp

A woman who lost both her parents after they contracted coronavirus has pleaded with the public to take seriously government advice to protect themselves.

Christopher Vallely, 79, and his wife Isobel , 77, died within 12 hours of each other at the Mater Hospital in Belfast over the weekend.

Their daughter Fiona said the family were shocked at the sudden loss of their parents, who had been married for 53 years.

She has urged the public to take seriously government advice on social distancing.

“Please, please, please everybody, please follow the public guidelines, do everything you can to protect yourself and your families because this is only going to get worse,” she told the BBC.

Mr Vallely had been taken to the Royal Victoria Hospital more than a week ago, and tested postive for Covid-19 before being transferred to the Mater, a now specialist hospital for coronavirus. He had been suffering from lung cancer.

Died in same room

His wife was taken to the Mater on Thursday, and died on Saturday. Her husband died in the same room that she had, just hours later. She had suffered a stroke six months ago.

“They both had underlying health issues, my dad was never going to fight terminal cancer, but my mum fought back, from six months ago, a stroke and all her other illnesses, but this, they both couldn’t fight this illness, so that shows how this is a very, very serious illness,” she said.

Ms Vallely said she was able to say goodbye to both her parents.

RelatedPosts

Ghana Drunkards Association goes viral after pressuring govt to lower alcohol prices

Anti-aging drug for dogs set to be available by 2026

Keir Starmer vows to ‘close door on Putin’ with GB Energy

Discount retailer is selling Maltesers Christmas treats for just 1p

“I was very, very grateful (to the staff) that they let us do that under the circumstances, and we had to wear the protective gear and everything, because I know a lot of families haven’t had that chance,” she said.

“We would like to think they were conscious and could hear us.”

Ms Vallely paid tribute to the staff at the hospital and said they were doing an “amazing job and putting their lives at risk”.

“This is why everyone has to take this seriously,” she said.

With restrictions in place around funerals, Ms Vallely says her family will be unable to give their parents the planned send-off.

Broken me

“This is what has broken me and my brothers and all of my family’s hearts, because we’re not going to give them the proper send-off that they both absolutely deserve,” she said.

“My dad is getting cremated because that was his wish, and my mum’s wishes were to be buried.

“It’ll be two separate, and it’s going to be hard. We were hoping to have a lovely church service for mum with all of her friends and family. And for my dad we were going to have a big party because he had such a zest for life.

“Yes, they were 79 and 77, but they were both so young at heart and young in their heads and had so much life still to live.”

Related – Fetish firm that donated its entire stock of scrubs to NHS hospital says equipment shortages are ‘scandalous’

Subscribe to our Newsletter

View our  Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions

About Us

TheLondonEconomic.com – Open, accessible and accountable news, sport, culture and lifestyle.

Read more

SUPPORT

We do not charge or put articles behind a paywall. If you can, please show your appreciation for our free content by donating whatever you think is fair to help keep TLE growing and support real, independent, investigative journalism.

DONATE & SUPPORT

Contact

Editorial enquiries, please contact: [email protected]

Commercial enquiries, please contact: [email protected]

Address

The London Economic Newspaper Limited t/a TLE
Company number 09221879
International House,
24 Holborn Viaduct,
London EC1A 2BN,
United Kingdom

© The London Economic Newspaper Limited t/a TLE thelondoneconomic.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lottery Results
    • Lotto
    • Set For Life
    • Thunderball
    • EuroMillions
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Food
  • Travel
  • JOBS
  • More…
    • Elevenses
    • Opinion
    • Property
    • Tech & Auto
  • About Us
    • Privacy policy
  • Contact us

© The London Economic Newspaper Limited t/a TLE thelondoneconomic.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy

← Conservatives take eye-watering 26 point lead over Labour in the polls ← New fact checking service launched to combat coronavirus disinformation
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lottery Results
    • Lotto
    • Set For Life
    • Thunderball
    • EuroMillions
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Food
  • Travel
  • JOBS
  • More…
    • Elevenses
    • Opinion
    • Property
    • Tech & Auto
  • About Us
    • Privacy policy
  • Contact us

© The London Economic Newspaper Limited t/a TLE thelondoneconomic.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy

-->