The internet has changed the way people live. It created opportunities to make life easier, such as searching for information, connecting with people, and most importantly, creating online jobs for a lot of people. Not only can you find a full-time job online, but you can also find side jobs for extra cash.
Listed below are great online jobs to earn some money:
1. Virtual Assistant
A virtual assistant is someone who gets paid by business owners or companies in exchange for services. Although there are a lot of services that a virtual assistant can offer, the following are some of the most common activities you can provide:
- Lead generation
- Video editing
- Social media management
- Email management
- Project management
- Managing product launches
- Customer support
- Graphic design and layout
- Travel arrangements and calendar management
You can easily become a virtual assistant depending on the skills or talents you have. Here’s how you can become a virtual assistant:
- Start small – start on a specific niche or industry to work on is an excellent way to establish yourself. Becoming an expert in a particular area is possible when you focus and settle on one niche at a time. Even if it’s only one niche, you can be highly paid because of your expertise, and that’s what most companies are looking for in a virtual assistant.
- Find Virtual Assistant Jobs – when starting from scratch, you may need a middleman. A lot of companies can act as a middleman between a client and you and offer side hustle options you can choose from. Some may offer free registration, and some charge a fee. An advantage of these companies is the availability of clients looking for your services, and all you have to do is apply to these job postings.
- Go Solo – if you want a higher rate for your services, you can start your own virtual assistant services by building your online presence. It may take a while, or even difficult, to attract clients, but you can do it by launching your own website then pitching for clients. To make this strategy successful, you must have an excellent service to offer so you can have a returning client and attract more.
2. Social Media Influencer
When you’re into social media, you can use it as a way to influence people. Not only can you put your social media account into good use, but you can even earn extra money by being a social media influencer. When you’re an influencer, you captivate your audience through your opinions on specific products or brands.
You can earn money through brands or sponsors that will let you review their brand or products. Although it may take a while to make a significant amount, all you need is consistency, commitment, and honesty to build a loyal audience.
And if you want to become a social media influencer, you can follow these tips:
- Choose your niche – find something that is not too crowded nor too isolated. Choose the ones that are a happy medium and stick to it. Moreover, you must have a unique strategy to talk about it. For instance, you can advertise an activewear in a fashionable way to entice your audience.
- Develop a unified presence – whatever social media platform you’re using, you must understand and strategize about it. You must focus on one social media platform that you’re confident and comfortable with before working on other platforms. What’s vital is creating a consistent branding on any platform you use.
- Post your content – when publishing your content, you must choose the most appropriate types of content to use in each social media. For instance, videos or images should have different sizes to work best on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Moreover, you must publish regularly and must be relevant to trending topics.
- Engage with your audience – Not only must you post your content, but you should also build your relationship with your audience. You must reply to their comments or start a conversation or discussion as a way of creating a communicative relationship.
Transcribing video or audio recordings can only take an hour or so. Therefore, it’s a perfect side job you can take on your free time. A lot of companies offer flexible working time so you can even do it whenever you feel like doing it. Some video or audio can be transcribed for a rate of 10 cents per word to $1 per minute.
To become a transcriptionist, you must pass their transcription test. It can be difficult since some recordings are muffled or have different accents. But once you pass the test, you can log into their site and take orders or recordings to transcribe. Moreover, you can do it without talking to a boss or colleagues and work with your pajamas.
Depending on the type of side job you’re willing to invest your time and skills, you can earn a hefty amount of money simply by using your talents or skills. Side jobs are no longer confined through traditional brick and mortar, but you can now hustle online without leaving the comforts of your home. As long as you have an internet connection and perseverance, you can surely earn big.