We have always lived in a world where humans attack other humans due to religion, power struggles, hatred or a combination of all three. During these troubled times it feels as if there is anger around every corner, and love and compassion, has been forced to hide in the shadows.
The TLE has decided to turn to Gandhi and revisit his famous sayings, to try and remember that the human race doesn’t have to destroy itself. Remember hope not hate…
1. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
2. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
3. Where there is love there is life.
4.You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
5. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
6.First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
7.You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
8.I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.
9. Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
10.A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.
11.In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
12. Non-violence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man.
13.Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
14.Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.
15.Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.
16. I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.
17.Anger is the enemy of non-violence and pride is a monster that swallows it up.
18.No culture can live if it attempts to be exclusive.
19.A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
20.An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.