
The Labour party has released a brutal attack ad calling out Richard Tice for his recent comments about climate change.
Tice has come under fire this week after he urged people to stop being ‘doom and gloom’ about climate change in the UK.
Speaking on Monday, the Reform deputy leader said it was “arrogant” to think climate change could be stopped and suggested people should start ‘enjoying’ the extreme temperatures.
READ NEXT: One-in-three Reform voters say climate change is ‘not responsible at all’ for UK heatwaves
He also said people should be ‘celebrating’ some impacts of climate change, such as the benefit it could have for the English wine industry.
Tice was labelled an “idiot” and “out of touch” for his laughable comments, and now Labour has taken aim at the Boston and Skegness MP.
In a video shared on social media, the party spliced Tice’s comments over footage from the devastating wildfires in Stourbridge where dozens of homes were gutted by flames.
Sharing the video on social media, one person said it was an “absolute annihilation” of Tice.
Reacting to Tice’s comments earlier this week, Labour party chair Bridget Phillipson said they were “tone-deaf.”
“With wildfires raging across the UK and drought threatening water supplies and food security, comments like these don’t just raise serious questions about his judgment – they also expose where his interests really lie,” she said.
On X, renewable energy businessman Dale Vince said Tice was an “idiot” for his comments.
He wrote: “One thousand people dead in two months from extreme heat and he says – enjoy it.
“One hundred thousand will die in Europe this summer. Tice says see the positives…..
“He lives in a bubble disconnected from ordinary people, the reality of wild fires, burning homes, lost homes – five heatwaves in one summer (so far).”
“Celebrating better wine off the back of deadly weather events is arrogance, wrapped up in stupidity – presented as populism,” Vince added.