Exeter, Newcastle, London Southend and Cardiff airports are among the happiest in the world, according to ‘smiley’ feedback system technology.
Exeter Airport was named the number one aiport in the world, achieving an average customer satifisfaction rating of 88.66 per cent.
Cork Airport came a close second with a score of 88.45 per cent, with Newcastle finishing fifth (87.05 per cent), London Southend Airport in sixth (86.79 per cent) and Cardiff seventh (86.57 per cent).
Published by HappyOrNot, the Finnish company responsible for the ‘smiley’ feedback system technology, the inaugral airport report was based on information recovered from 160 airports across 36 countries.
The top eight happiest airports in world include:
1. Exeter Airport, U.K. – 88.66 per cent
2. Cork Airport, Republic of Ireland – 88.45 per cent
3. Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport (Rome), Italy – 88.45 per cent
4. Dallas Fort Worth International Airport, U.S.A. – 87.35 per cent
5. Newcastle International Airport, U.K. – 87.05 per cent
6. London Southend Airport, U.K. – 86.79 per cent
7. Cardiff Airport, U.K. – 86.57 per cent
8. Keflavik International Airport, Iceland – 86.35 per cent
The feedback was gathered across 158 million data-points from HappyOrNot’s smiley terminals and was collected between November 2016 and November 2017. Airports received over 120,000 responses.
Feedback was gathered across key experiential points such as security and baggage reclaim areas.