Video marketing is one of the most overlooked aspects of your business strategy. Videos are ruling the web whether its advertising or social media. You can’t think of succeeding online if your marketing teams are not leveraging the power of videos in your branding strategy.
Let’s discuss the most critical components of your video marketing strategy and how to use them for your brand’s success.
1- Determine The KPIs
KPIs stands for Key Performance Indicators meaning these indicators determine the real success from your videos. In order to accurately measure the ROI of your video marketing strategy, make sure to track the following KPIs:
- CPC: It is calculated by the dividing the total number of clicks by total campaign cost.
- CTR: It is calculated by the dividing the total number of clicks by total impressions.
- View Rate: It is a measurement of how many people watched your video.
- Lift: It measures the brand awareness and interests among audiences.
- LTV: It stands for lifetime value of the customer and determines the net profit considering the customers stays with the brand lifelong.
2- Tell a Compelling Story That Resonates With Audiences
Storytelling is the most critical aspect of your video. Stories can be narrated by the brands in several different ways but effective stories always resonates with the desire of your audiences. Here are some great ways to create compelling stories for your brand:
- Identify the characters of your story. Include your main audience as one of the character and use your brand as the hero.
- Create content that solves the problems of your target audiences.
- Your story must have a villian and the hero must defeat the villain at the end.
- A good story begins with a quest, advances towards obstacles and reaches the climax.
- Use narratives that acts as an emotional hook to attach the audiences to your story.
3- Work Hard on Your Video’s Music
Work hard on the video’s music and narrative because both of these elements can turn a video from good to great.
Make sure to read the licensing questions related to the legal use of music as compiled by Cloud Cover Music before you use them in your brand videos
You can find royalty free music on sites like ccMixter, Soundcloud and Incompetech.
4- Choose Your Distribution Channels Intelligently
Your video is considered dead if it isn’t able to reach audiences. Hence, it is extremely important to choose your distribution channels intelligently. Here are some of the best video marketing channels to market your video:
5- Test And Learn
Always make sure to A/B test the success of your video and determine whether they are able to attain the KPIs we created in step 1 above. Follow the below fundamentals to A/B test your marketing videos:
- Understand the results you are aiming for.
- Test different elements of the video randomly.
- Test different thumbnail images for your videos and use the one that emerges as the winner in the A/B test. You can create a splittest using Vidyard.
- Use TubeBuddy to conduct A/B tests on your YouTube videos.
- Use Facebook Ads Manager to A/B test your videos on Facebook.
- Make sure to change multiple things in order to make a noticeable difference.
Video is the most versatile marketing tools and you need to effectively use it in your marketing strategy. Follow the essentials discussed in the article and use video marketing to your success.