If there’s one thing that’s better than playing an amazing game is playing one that has an epic storyline that sticks with you for a long time after you finish playing it. There are many types of games available in this day and age, from simple smartphone games to casino games, video games and even VR games, but the one thing they all have in common that takes them to the next level is the story.
If you think back to the first games you remember playing as a kid, even before the internet was in bloom, you will realize that the ones that you still remember fondly were the storyline games. Like Mario that wanted to save Peach, the Lost Vikings that needed to find their way back home, or the reasons for the terrans, zergs and protoss fighting in the 25th century.
Things haven’t changed since the internet started taking over, the best online games are still those that have a storyline to guide them. Whether you’re searching for games to play online or offline, you will see that you will be most content with those that come with a story, with plot twists, with character development and personal growth.
Here are the top 5 reasons why storyline games are the best:
- you get to choose whether you’re the good guy or the bad guy. Choices are super important and being able to choose if you’re the hero or the villain is great for letting off steam and finding out more about yourself.
- some games will let you make even more choices that lead to alternate endings. This means that depending on what you do you get to play a different game every single time. And no two people play the exact same game.
- some have an enormous world that keeps evolving as you go and changes to let you explore deeper and deeper and encounter many different storylines throughout.
- they are specifically built to be addictive and have you playing for many hours. World of Warcraft for example will have you paying subscriptions to play, and they will constantly dangle a new ability, better items or a new quest in front of you to keep you hooked. Many people have found that WOW can make you play for more hours than you would spend on live casino games.
- when looking for games to play when bored online if you encounter one that has a good storyline as well as thousands of other players you get a truly social experience.
There are many other reasons for choosing to play games with a great storyline, but for the rest we will let you discover them on your own. In the meantime, you should try some of the classics like Silent Hill 2, Her Story, BioShock, The Witcher 3, The Last of Us, Persona 4, Half-Life 2 and many more of the kind. Play these, experience the true power of the best storyline games and enjoy yourself.