This weekend much of the British Press – as well as the BBC – mindlessly repeated the hysterical analysis propagated by the Right Wing ‘think tank’ The Centre for Policy Studies. Here is a listing of their Board of Directors. As you can see, it contains 10 Tories. They are:
- Lord Saatchi – a Conservative Party Peer, put in the Lords for services to the Thatcher government.
- Sir Graham Brady – a Conservative Party MP.
- Lord Bamford – A Conservative Party donor.
- Ben Eliot – Conservative MP & failed London Mayoral candidate Zac Goldsmith’s campaign manager.
- Jonathan Goodwin – Conservative Party donor
- Sir Micheal Heller – Conservative Party donor
- Lord Hill of Oareford – Conservative Party Peer.
- Jon Moulton – Conservative Party donor.
- Richard Sharp – Conservative Party donor.
- Lord Strathclyde – Conservative Party Peer
Here is an example of the Policies they support. In July 2017 they released a document stating “Abandoning Austerity is no solution”:
BBC’s The Andrew Marr Show thought this was a ‘fair & balanced’ source to use in their coverage of the economic policy of The Labour Party on an episode where they were interviewing Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer John McDonnell.