A campaign to get the Revoke Article 50 petition up to 17 million signatures has been launched after a record-breaking weekend of political activism.
Over a million people were estimated to have joined the Put It To The People march in the capital on Saturday, with participants from across the country making their way from Marble Arch to Parliament Square.
In response to Andrea Leadsom’s sarcastic comments that it “should it reach 17.4 million respondents” before the government considers taking action a campaign has been launched to increase that tally by more than three times.
The “17 Million Signatures” campaign details how the full number of signatures could be achieved.
It advises that if each person who has already signed it undertook a mini-challenge to find at least three other people who haven’t signed yet and tell them about this campaign then it could hit the desired mark.
Their recommendations include:
- Posting the campaign site on your Facebook/ Twitter timeline and any groups you belong to.
- Go through your email contacts and send them a personal message.
- Send a message to your WhatsApp groups
- Phone your friends and family
- Text your friends
- And – Talk to people. At work, college, the pub, the gym, social clubs or wherever you meet them.
Find the campaign here.