Millions of Brits are plagued with sleepless nights because their finances are in a mess.
A new study found six in ten people constantly worry about being able to afford unexpected bills such as car repairs or home maintenance, and more than half panic knowing they’ll have to fork out for Christmas and Birthdays.
A quarter of Brits can’t make their wage packet last for the whole month and 22 per cent of people say they can’t afford to go out socially. A further 17 per cent say they are unable to treat or spoil the children.
Virraj Jatania, founder and CEO of Pockit, which conducted the poll said: “Sadly there are many people who struggle to make ends meet, either because they don’t earn enough money or because they have lost track of their personal finances.
“And in a climate where we know the value of the pound is dropping and the cost of basic living is going up, with shoppers being warned to expect price rises, this is very worrying.
“Our researchers found more than a third of people are choosing to not even look at their bank account, because they’re frightened of the consequences. Often, there seems no way out for people who live on a tight budget.”
TOP 10 MONEY WORRIES
- Not being able to afford unexpected bills such as home repairs and car maintenance
- Having to fork out for events like Christmas / Birthday
- Being unable to make your wage packet last to the end of the month
- You can’t afford to go out socially
- Being able to afford basics such as utility bills
- Being able to treat or spoil the children
- Affording basic necessities like food and drink
- You know you live beyond your means
- You can’t afford to replace shoes and clothing
- You spend your whole time in your overdraft