What are PMP Courses?
PMP training courses are a means to certification for individuals who have the experience, knowledge, and ability to lead and manage projects. PMP courses teach the learners how to start, plan and see a project through to completion. It also discusses risk analysis processes, assessment, and management of contracts within budget and schedule.
After the training, a PMP course graduate should successfully build, plan, manage and oversee a project plan implementation. Presently, PMP training courses are readily available online, in some cases at no cost. Since the pass criteria are stringent, most courses stress on the need for a rigorous training.
The certification exams are stringent as well but once certification is earned, there are immense benefits awaiting PMP holders.
PMP Certification Exams
At the end of the course, there is a certification exam which a learner is supposed to pass. It constitutes a psychometric analysis for individuals that is set by the PMI institute.
What Does the Training Involve?
In a PMP training course, you will learn all about project management, the program will equip you with the necessary skills and resources to competently build, manage, and oversee a project execution plan. The course’s emphasis on practical application of knowledge, which is all good for both learners and employers. Most online courses are intense, with over five hours of intense training before a completion certificate is issued.
What Project Management Professionals Do
The role of a project manager is to oversee the commencement, design, planning, and implementation of a project. They are also responsible for assessment, monitoring and successful delivery of a project, especially complex projects. The role entails factoring all aspects of planning, budgets, and documentation at each project phase, and to make iterations when necessary. Project managers work I coordination with departmental teams involved in the project execution and report to upper management on the progress and status.
Who Should Take a PMP Course?
PMP courses are designed for:
- New managers who want to grasp the fundamentals of project management and improve their management skills.
- Project managers seeking to acquire PMP certification.
- Professionals in project management who want to learn more about PMP certification and apply the knowledge in their fields.
Why a PMP Certification?
PMP certification can unlock many benefits in your careers. Some of them include.
- Global recognition: PMP certification is recognized globally, and it is one of the most sought-after credentials.
- Increased remuneration: research consistently indicates that PMP certified project managers earn up to 17% higher than their counterparts. PMP professionals also earn much higher than other careers.
- Career advancement: PMP certification can expand your horizons when seeking new jobs in project management. Employers are constantly looking out for employees with strong leadership experience.
- Wide recognition: PMP certification is widely recognized across many fields and industries. They include ICT, banking, e-commerce, engineering, BPO, research and many others..
- Job security: a certified PMP professional stands a better position to keep their job even in tough economic conditions. It demonstrates knowledge that employers find useful within their organizations.
- Visibility to recruiters: most companies would rather higher PMP certified individuals. It is no wonder that recruiters easily spot persons with project management expertise.
- It is a good investment: a PMP certification costs about $405 for members and $555 for non-members. The numerous opportunities it accords you is worth it.