New York-influenced pizzeria NY Fold has created a hangover pizza in time for the festive season.
Tge limited edition pizza has been specially designed for pre and post partying for those in need of rejuvenation and replenishment, with Alka Seltzer also available free of charge upon request.
The topping combines the following:
- Egg: contains B-vitamins and amino acids that destroy toxins and replace the levels of B-vitamins lost through drinking
- Sausage: full of selenium essential for the normal functioning of the immune system
- Pecorino: this cheese is rich in probiotics and having fat before drinking slows the rate of alcohol absorption
- Oregano: a powerful antioxidant that can help stimulate electrons to counterbalance stress of protein, lipids and DNA
- Fresh Garlic: a natural antibiotic with anti fungal and antiviral properties
- Spinach: (replaces the sausage in the vegetarian option) rich in iron and contains niacin and zinc as well as a host of other vitamins good for reducing fatigue
Based on Charing Cross Road NY Fold is a family-run pizzeria owned by Annabel and Michael Wheeler who wanted to incorporate their love of NY-style pizza so familiar to them from their hometown of New York.
They believe that great pizza is all about using quality ingredients and lots of them. Each ingredient is individually selected and then placed on a hand-tossed New York style base that has been proofed for 48h resulting in a light and crispy texture that makes for easy digestion.
It is then cooked in gas ovens rather than with coal or wood. This makes the base pliable enough to be folded in half, making it an immediate and portable dish, encapsulating the essence of New York style pizza.
What is New York-style pizza?
- It’s Large
- It’s Hand-Tossed
- It’s Thin-Crust
- It’s Wide Slices
- It’s Ready to FOLD